Okay...let's see how simple it is!
Q: Do the users understand the wording of the question?
A: Not sure, but they should
Q: Where does that answer get stored in our destination system?
A: Nowhere, today
Q: Does the system storing the question have the same development cycle as the front end?
Q: What do you do with that information?
A: We would like to send it downstream to another group to save them time, but otherwise, it's not part of our core process
Q: How do the users provide that information today?
A: Using a different system that is part of the downstream process
Q: How does it differ from the [similar question you already ask]?
A: Not sure, because we don't know why we ask [similar question]
Aha. So, our simple checkbox needs:
- Design specification
- User testing
- QA Verification
- Integration analysis
- Release planning across systems
- Destination system revisions (design, development and QA verification)
- Downstream system revisions (design, development and QA verification)
- Education and coordination with other groups
- Process changes for the users