Monday, June 30, 2014

OXO Water Bottle

Somehow, products I love always seem to be discontinued (like Unfrosted Cherry Pop-Tarts). So, I'm certain this will be changed or discontinued, as well. Nonetheless, I'll rave about the OXO Good Grips Two Top Water Bottle. I've had two of these for a couple of years now, and they are designed so well that I've disposed of several other bottles, including the super-expensive-but-impossible-to-clean Sigg. I expect usable design from OXO, based on other products I've tried. Here's what I love about this:

  • Two tops, which mainly makes cleaning (and drinking) easy. I can put this in the dishwasher and actually get it clean without having to use an old, germ-ridden bottle brush.
  • An indentation for gripping, or for holding the stretchy locker key thingy at the gym.
  • Markings for measurement
  • Good seal for no leaks--as long as you take care to screw both lids on securely
  • I have dropped this several times, and the material is thick and hasn't shown any damage, other than scratches over the years. (I love the idea of drinking out of glass, but I drop bottles enough that it's not practical for me.)
  • My favorite feature: the top lid has a tether made of smooth coated woven wire, which means I won't lose it, and it's not likely to snap off like some plastic ones can. The tether isn't fixed to the body or lid, so it can rotate to any position.
My only complaint is that it can be a bit top-heavy because of the weight of the lid. But overall, one of my favorite well-designed products, and better for me than Unfrosted Cherry Pop-Tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment